|Title||The Source No. 56 (05/1994): The Magazine of Hip-Hop Music, Culture & Politics|
|Year of Publication||1994|
|Authors||Shecter, Jon, and David Mays James Bernard|
|Publisher||Source Publications, Inc.|
|Place Published||New York|
|Keywords||Flavor Unit, freestyling, Heavy D, old school, Queen Latifah, Warren G, women in hiphop|
|Copies at the Archive||1|
Cover: Queen Latifah - Born 2 Roll
- Old School Reunion: "Living Legends" by Major Jackson, Photos by Mpozi Tolbert
- H.W.A.: "Studio Hoez" by Rob Marriott
- World Champion DJs: "Itching For A Scratch" by Brett Johnson
- Heavy D: "Taking the Weight" by Reginald C. Dennis, Photos by Carl Posey
- Freestyling: "Lyrics To Go" by D.E.S.T.I.N.Y.
- The "N" Word: "What's My Name?" by Kristin Calrke & Delphine Fawundu, Photo Illustration by Walter Quick Jr.
- Warren G: "Regulating" by Josh Levine, Photos by Brentt Rollins
- Queen Latifah: "Original Flavor" by Bonz Malone, Photography by Chi Modu/C2